Thursday, June 5, 2014

Reflection
6/5/14

a. Since my time at K, one year, this has been my favorite class so far because the material is so applicable to future endeavors.  The class was structured around a combination of hands on activities, lectures, and class discussion.  This was the first discussion based class I have felt comfortable expressing my ideas in.  I attribute that to Chuck as well as the course material.  I think that transportation costs and backhaul is the topic we covered that is most directly applicable to understanding how the world works.  It helps us understand a lot about the world economically and why some places are more developed than others.

b. I am interested in learning more about the evolution of globalization and transportation.  I enjoyed learning about transportation costs and backhaul, I think this is partly because it is a great way to understand how the world works.  I enjoy learning about why some places are developed while others can seem to escape poverty traps and are stuck in an underdeveloped state.  Learning more about how the transportation and distribution of goods works will help me to better understand underdevelopment.

c. Next year I will be staying on campus, with the possibility of study abroad in the spring.  Next year will be challenging partly because a lot of my friends and peers will be away on study abroad.  Another challenge will be deciding if I will go on study abroad in the spring.  Being a transfer student from the University of Colorado, I have already missed a full year of being on campus.  Honestly sometimes my time at Colorado feels like my own little "study abroad(away)".  It's going to be a difficult decision to decide if I want to travel abroad my junior spring and miss even more time on campus.  I look forward to coming back to K in the fall knowing what to expect and knowing people on campus.  I have yet to have the experience of coming back to a school I am already familiar with, so in terms of , next year should be a lot easier than my previous two years of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment